
Okay, so a few people have been "bugging" me, or should I say inquiring about my MRI results. I just found out yesterday afternoon that there are no muscle tears or infection, which is great news. There is however a lot of swelling and edema in the muscles and tissues. The doctor was unsure if it was something that was originally there with the accident trauma and I'm just now feeling a lot of pain since I'm off the narcotics or if I'm overdoing it around the house. What, me overdoing it? Come on! :) Any how, he felt reassured by the MRI saying that it was something that he felt would heal, but it would just take time. I guess it's just me and the bottle (the bottle of motrin, that is ) at this point.
McKenna is doing well. She continues to have a bad attitude about going to therapy, but is always compliant when she goes and does a good job. She made muffins today in therapy and did the dishes. Hey, maybe we could get her to do the dishes at home and call it "therapy"! The other good thing that happened today is that we returned both McKenna's and my wheelchairs. Mine because I don't need it anymore, and McKenna's because she's too stubborn to use it. I guess it's that same stubbornness and determination that's getting her so far in her rehabilitation.
My mom is still weaning off her narcotics. She should be getting off completely by Sunday. Nice and slow is the way to go! She is scheduled to have her gallbladder surgery this coming Monday. I think she's ready to get it over with and on with the rest of her recovery.
A cute story before I sign off. Tonight at bed the boys were going to snuggle in bed together and the girls were going to snuggle together in a different bed. Nat came walking in to say goodnight and he stood at the footboard and smiled at all of us. He then proceeded to blow each of us a kiss and say, "good night my beautiful ladies".
We also started a new family blog since we are pretty much hooked on sharing information through a blog. If you are intersted you can check it out at http://themorrislife.blogspot.com/
1 comment:
Christy, Dustin, MacKenna Nate and Alia:
Mahlo nui loa (thank-you from the heart) for your friendship over the years. It breaks my heart that I knew nothing of your ordeal until yesterday. I thank God for his faithfulness in your lives and will continue to pray for you all. “On your journey through the sands of time leave tracks” - Thank-you for the wonderful memories.
Aloha, Suzanne, Rebecca and Jessica
p.s. Happy 9th Birthday MacKenna love and hugs from Rebecca and Jessica.
Post a Comment