I'm posting about our weekend early. McKenna's birthday is Tuesday, so she's having a few girls over for a short birthday party this weekend. We wanted to keep things simple so she wouldn't be overwhelmed. This years' birthday will have so much more significance for us. We're so blessed at the thought that we are ABLE to celebrate her 9th birthday this year. We're thankful for the continuation of her life. We're waiting to see what God has for her and for us all. It will be a year that I'm sure will be hard and filled with challenges and frustrations, but we are so grateful to have our little girl.
On a different note, I've been experiencing a lot of pain lately, so I went in for a follow up visit with my doctor. He recommended an MRI, which I had this morning so see if there is infection in the bone or a muscle tear. I don't know which one is the lesser of two evils. I'm kind of hoping it's neither, but then if it's neither it leaves us at a dead end for figuring out the problem. Please pray for an answer to be found that is treatable and that the pain goes away.
Mom's last day of pain meds was yesterday. She said she was going to try and drive a little ways today by herself. Hopefully she will be able to get off the pain meds better than me and get a little more freedom by driving. 10 weeks today since the accident.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MCKENNA!!!!! You are a precious gift. We thank God for the miracle you are and wish you all the BEST on your Birthday....you are a true rock star girl!Enjoy your cake and ICE CREAM!!!!
Love,
The Cole Family
p.s good luck with the cake Christy:)
Post a Comment