Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

What a spirit of thankfulness I have this year during Mother's Day. I'm so grateful to not have lost my own mother or my first child during the accident. Today could have looked a whole lot different had the outcome of the accident been worse. It was a day filled with humility, tears, thankfulness, and a little sadness, too.
We went to visit my mom at the rehab hospital this morning. Even though I don't think she was feeling very well, she made conversation and seemed to enjoy seeing the kids. We still have no word on if or when her gallbladder surgery will be. I hope it will be soon because her liver enzymes are up, she's looking yellow, and she's in pain to the point that she isn't able to do her physical therapy.
After that visit we went and spent the afternoon with McKenna. According to Chad she did a great job in physical therapy. After therapy they give her a blood pressure medication that makes her really tired, which that is when we came to visit. It was still great to see her. Alia laid in the bed with her today and McKenna fed her a bottle of milk, which was enjoyed by both girls. McKenna got a new baby doll and Nat played dolls with McKenna for quite a while this afternoon. It was heart warming to see Nat try so hard to do an activity that he knew would please her.
I don't think there is any new medical news on Mac. We really need prayer for all of our emotions right now. McKenna cried a lot as she watched us walk out and go home a family of 4 instead of 5 tonight. I don't think I'm done crying over it, myself. I keep on thinking the same thing over and over of this is so hard. Dustin isn't scheduled to be back with her until Tuesday, but he is going back down tomorrow instead and he will stay an extended length of time. I don't think this is the best plan for Nat and Alia who need their daddy as well, but there is nothing left that we can think of to make this go better.
My dad seems disappointed with my mom's progress and he is also stressed with trying to finish things at home, a year end at West High School, and driving back and forth to the rehab hospital. He has a great teacher and family friend who has taken up the rest of the school year for him, but there is finals and clean up left to do.
I'm still in pain, which is tolerable, but frustrating. I don't have enough patience for recovery and after 5 weeks, I just want it all to be over and better. I can't stand to see my little girl cry to be with her mommy and daddy. Please pray for us all. We're helpless to make things better quickly, but we're not hopeless that they will be better. It's just going to take time, darn it.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Praying for God to work in His timing as He pours out healing. He is a mighty God and is not bound by man's time line. So we're asking for speedy and total healing! It's been a long month for all of you - but look how far everyone has come and imagine how much further you will be next month!

Praising God for the work He continues to do and asking Him to be your all in all.

Anonymous said...

It takes such courage to share such personal vulnerable emotions. I can't even imagine the mommy emotions you are experiencing with being in Greeley and McKenna being in Denver, at least I know how I would feel! God is holding onto her. He sees every tear cried and keeps them in a bottle. Hold on, Christi.

Anonymous said...

Hey sweet friend. Joshua and I spent some extra time in prayer for you and Mac this morning. My "Mommy heart" is breaking for you but I am praying that the Lord continues to replace your weakness with His strength, your mourning with gladness, your despair with a garment of praise, and that His compassions are fresh and new for you every morning!

I love you!!
~Tonya

Anonymous said...

Dear Ones:
Christy, your Mother's Day post really made me cry - I can feel your pain and deep emotion as you are going through all of this.
We praise God with you that this Mother's Day is truly a time for rejoicing in all the miracles that God is doing. We know that it will eventually all be over.
Our prayers for all of you - that you can be patient and heal. May the Lord pour out even more blessings.
Love, Mike and Barb Webb