Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Still Needing Prayer

I just got off the phone with Dustin and he said the neurologist saw Mac this morning. She is needing to get an MRI done sometime this morning to make sure the shunt is working and that her spinal fluid is draining properly and not building up. The other two scenarios that could be causing the delusions, headaches, and vomiting is an adverse reaction to the anesthesia or one of the surgical medications or a fever that she's had that's running about 103.5 degrees. The nurses just gave her some Tylenol that brought her fever down some and Dustin said she was starting to calm down. He was lying in bed next to her and they are going to try to get some rest since it was a virtually sleepless night. I told him I wouldn't call to interrupt the possibility of sleep, but if anything goes wrong (please pray that everything is okay) he will call. The best case scenario is that it would be from a medication. The worst case scenario would be there would be a problem with the shunt and she would have to have the surgery again. Please pray that her MRI is great and that the shunt is working and that her cranial pressures are normal. Please pray that she is able to settle down and that her fever goes down and that she and D can get some needed rest. Pray for peace over this situation and that fear would not dominate at home or in the hospital. Thanks for all your faithful love and support and prayers. I'll keep the blog updated as soon as I hear.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the update Christy. I am praying for Mac and for peace both at the hospital and at your house.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update as I continually monitor this to feel like I can be with you even though far away. We have our church group tonight and will make sure that everyone continues to pray from California. Love to you all and hang in there. This is a long haul, and you've made it this far.
Much love, Sandi

Anonymous said...

Keep fighting guys. our family and our chruch family are all keeping you guys in our prayers. God is preparing you (us) for some mighty works through this. Praise Him.