Karen is now fully weight-bearing and will see more gains in the next week or so. She is being upgraded within the hospital to a less acute setting, so continue to pray for her complete recovery.
Christy, Nat, and Alia are down in Denver for the next few days to spend time with Mac and me. It was fun to see them today and it will be great to spend the next few days with them.
Christy was walking without her walker again today. I think she feels pretty good ,but got pretty tired. Pray that her stamina increases and that the external fixater will be removed sooner than later.
Mac is now walking by herself for about 10-12 steps and doing a great job. The therapists continue to be amazed at her progress and have to change her goals on a daily basis. she was off O2 for 6 hours today and did really well. Continue to pray for her left side to strengthen and coordinate better.
Also, please pray for Steven Curtis Chapman's family as one of his teenage sons hit their 5 year old daughter Maria with a car and she died today. Pray that the family will heal and God's grace will carry them through this very difficult time. Pray also that the older brother's guilt be removed and God's peace will drench his heart, soul, and mind.
My heart breaks for this family having just gone through a similar situation. It begs the question of why are there miracles for some and not for others. I don't question God's authority or love, I just don't know why. My heart breaks for Steven Curtis that he lost his little "Cinderella". I listened to his song while looking at McKenna in the ICU and cried that I might someday lose her, and now he is faced with every father's nightmare. I can imagine that words cannot express his grief. Lord bring peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had not heard the news of Maria Chapman. My heart breaks as tears flow for their whole family. Thank you D - for sharing so we can be praying for them.
McKenna is most definitely a miracle. We continue to rejoice with you all about every goal she meets.
Praying for a great stay as you guys get to spend some much needed time as a family.
Post a Comment